Saturday, January 17, 2009

Spectral Images

Ever wonder what might be in your house that you don't really know about? Other than the normal dust and crap in the air that isn't readily visible.

For some time now we have found Jack staring up at where the ceiling meets the wall, usually in the dining room, but occasionally other spots. Lark and I have started calling it his Spectral Images. Occasionally Cabo will do the same thing. This morning Jack was having conversations with them.

Jack is a talker. He will meow when he wants to be picked up or put down, fed, played with, or if we have annoyed him. This morning I kept hearing him holler in the living room. He isn't a random mysterry meow kind of kitty and this wasn't the "there's another cat in the yard" growl. So I figured there had to be something wrong. I find him sitting in the entry way. So I pick him up and he starts staring at the ceiling and hollering. I soon realized that he and his Spectral Images were communicating. Either that or I have a Schizophrenic cat.

I doubt we have ghosts. The house was new when we bought it, so there aren't any dead bodies hidden anywhere...unless they are in or under the cement foundation. No fingers or noses sticking out when we pulled up the carpet. Do you watch the Mentalist? There was one episode where a man was killed and dropped into a vat of wet cement. They only found him because his nose was sticking out.

Greys Anatomy - has spawned a new catch phrase for the girls and I. The episode where Sloan and Torres were removing a tumor that was sucking nutrients from this lady's bones and causing them to break. She was upset because she gave up an opportunity to move to Denver with her boyfriend because she was afraid of falling. After the surgery she asked for a phone. When asked why, she said "I'm going to Denver". That line was used later when Sloan gave in to Lexie. So now we are using it for doing what we want to do...i.e. living our life.

I think the images just moved into the closet. I had to go open it for Jack.

Speaking of the girls, we are looking at a Road Trip to the Jelly Belly Factory and Budweiser Bottling plant in Vallejo after I get back from my cruise (2 weeks!). We couldn't go this weekend because Vicki was going to the Sportsman's Show at CalExpo in Sacramento with her hubby. That's dedication and true love. Lark would be on his own at a golf expo.

Nope, not images in the closet. Jack's milk bottle ring and favorite toy. He just dropped it at my foot to throw. They don't go very far but are light and bounce around on the laminate floor. Lark gave them all CatNip last night. Nirvana.

I'm off to enjoy the unseasonable sunshine and low 70's weather we are having. It is certainly not the norm so I'm going to take advantage of it.
.
.

No comments: