Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Mother Nature Must Be Off Her Hormones

cuz she can't make up her mind about what kind of weather we should be having. Last week it was COLD 30-40's. This week upper 60's. Geez. And FOG. No matter what, we get Fog in the mornings.

I've had a crappy week. Yesterday was a 10-hour day. I don't like 10-hour days. I came home and yelled at Lark. Not really at him. He just happened to be in the room. Luckily he knew it wasn't anything personal. When I came home today I told him I had another crappy day but I was in a much better mood. He said I could come in blasting a double barrel shotgun and be in a better mood than I was yesterday.

I had a need to escape my office just before 12:00, so I emailed Kathy & Vicki and told them I needed to get away and let's do lunch...now. It's so nice to have my peeps on-site. Went to Panda Express. Love the fortune cookies:

Mine - a personal accomplishment will bring you happiness. Gag me.
Vicki's - you are a joyful person and will have much happiness. yeah, OK.
Kathy - Your happiness surrounds you. Yep, she had her girls.

This recession is depressing...or is that recessing? Every morning on the way to work I pass this very old wooden former fire house, a cool looking building. It's been several things over the years, non-profits orgs, a gift shop, offices. On the way home I glanced over and it had been completely razed. I was surprised by how sad that made me.

My pots got tagged. Drove by this afternoon and there was graffiti on them. Running into them I can handle. Scribbling on them pisses me off.

Bought the cats 2 screens for their litter boxes to give them some privacy (cat people say that's good) and to stop them from flailing litter all over my room. The first day - one of them pee'd on it. So much for privacy.

Also ordered them a $80 sisal scratching post that is supposed last a long time and keep them from scratching the furniture. Until recently I've never had a problem with cats clawing the furniture. But both Scooby and Cabo think my chair & half is their personal scratching post, as well as my new dining room chairs (wicker/rattan). We'll see if this works. So far Cabo is the only one who's tried it and actually he's more interested in the box it came in that the post. Lark tried to take it outside and found Cabo staring at him, from within it, with an "it's occupied" look on his face.

Speaking of Cabo...could have been a disaster this morning. He and Jack aren't the best of buddies. Jack hisses and slaps at him when he gets near. This morning Jack was in my lap kicking back and Cabo jumped on my keyboard - wrong thing to do. After hissing, growling and trying to go after him, I managed to put Jack down with all of my skin intact and no blood loss. Poor Cabo - he was frozen with the deer in the headlights look. Even after I put Jack down. We did have a discussion about how that was not the best decision. However, stopping to think has never been Cabo's strong suit. I keep telling him that he needs to slap back. Every now and then I see Cabo slap and Jack as he's passing by. I think he's practicing.

I'm now officially out of thoughts.
.
.

No comments: