Thursday, January 8, 2009

GO GATORS

Lark's watching the National Championships and he's rooting for...(gasp!) Oklahoma. He thinks I should be too since I was born in that State (my dad was stationed at Fort Sill and we moved 2 weeks after I turned 2).

Me, I'm sitting here with my beer, opened with my GO GATORS bottle-opener being true to my friend's home state. That doesn't apply to Cal, Stanford, Alabama or South Carolina.

Notice how many of my blog entries start with what Lark is doing and how I'm trying to hide from it? Welcome to my world. Trying doesn't always work. When a thought crosses his mind, he feels compelled to share it.

Damn Arnold Schwarzenegger (see I can even spell it now - scary, huh). I really just wanted to say that. He hasn't done anything stupid in the last few days, but he's still after our mental health funds, so damn him!

I see Bush Sr is now touting Jeb for Pres...God help us, another one? Don't know much about him. Does he have a brain?


January 20th will be a good day. Besides our NEW president being sworn in, my new Accounting/Budget Manager starts and I have high hopes for her. I just hope she can put up with all the Senior Leadership personalities. She'll do fine with her staff. They're great. It's the rest of us that could drive someone to drink (as I sit here with my Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale).

FOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's been my life for a good part of the week. I tried to take a picture - see below




But it kept doing something strange to the camera. I hate to think there is that much crud in the air that I can't see. I tried it through the window and got the same thing. I know my windows are dirty, but not that bad. I thought my camera might be malfunctioning, so I took a sample shot




Aren't they cute?


So this one is from my car at a stoplight (with my new iPhone). It looks kind of mild here, but that's because there are buildings, etc around. If you get to an area where there is just bare space (rare in this area), you can't see for more than a few feet.


No comments: