Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Rockin Out...Not!

Lark is "practicing" guitar. My iPod is blasting Stevie Ray Vaughn in my ear. In fact he came in to tell me what he discovered on his stomp box and I didn't even hear him.

I'm in somewhat of a better mood tonight than last. No epiphanies, unfortunately.

My day:

>Euros arrived today...one step closer to Europe vacation.

>25 days until Mexico cruise. Lark tried on his tux and it fit. I tried on my two nice black dresses and they fit, so we're good to go.

>Signed more papers for probate on my mother's house. Someday I may own it. Found out that the courts are charging an extra $365 because it rolled over to 2009. Arnold's got to find that money somewhere.

>Also was told I have to file taxes for my mother because her estate was still open in 2008 and again in 2009, but I may be able to write off the court fees. I'm going to let the attorney do them since that is part of their fee - anything having to do with the estate, including selling the house.

>Found out that my driver's license is showing expired, except I know I sent in the registration and check. I just can't find the stub. I have an appt at DMV tomorrow to hopefully straighten it out. Now that's an oxymoron - Calif DMV and straighten things out. Words that don't normally appear in the same sentence.

>Almost done with my Greece layouts. My goal is to finish them before the Traveling Girls vacation. Then Kona.

>tests came back on the fluid in Vicki's moms lungs. No cancer cells, but the fluid isn't going away. They've taken her off the chemo and are going to "make her as comfortable as possible". At least Mary has retained her sense of humor. She told Vicki that "in other words I might just as well bend over and kiss my sweet ass goodbye".

>Kathy had to redo her mammo because they found spots. Then she had to have a test where you lay face down on a table with your boob in a hole and they pull on it and do xrays and biopsies. Don't know which is worse - having your boobs smashed during the mammo or stretched through a hole. Luckily, tests came back negative. Calcifications only. Thank God.

I'm done now.

.

No comments: