Sunday, December 7, 2008

FOR THOSE ABOUT TO ROCK. . .

WE SALUTE YOU (fire!).

What a roller coaster week. Capped off by a fantastic AC/DC Concert in Oakland. Check out a whole lot of Rosie...





/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/


Back at work after being off the preceeding week with Bronchitis. For the most part it went OK. Had a few blips.

Then Thursday came along. When asked "how's your spirit today?" I was able to reply pretty good since I was getting psyched for the concert that evening. Went with my friend Vicki's husband Jason, their son Shaun and Vicki's sister Liz. Vicki & Lark refused to go. Even with the extremely wasted stoners behind us (who would not shut up about general admission seats) it was a great concert. Opening band was a so-so AC/DC wannabe group from Northern Ireland call The Answer. Then AC/DC played a few numbers from Black Ice, but mostly played their old hits...which is what I wanted to hear anyway. Jason commented that there were a lot of old people there. Unfortunately, they were all about our age.

Friday morning I was still on a concert high when I went to a Community Developer training for 4 hours. I even wore Jason's flashing horns (Picture to come). Then we moved into budget and all hell broke loose. I told everyone that our goal was was to be "Back in Black", but the day was more like Hell's Belles. I went home at 3:30 and crashed until about 7:00 that evening. The worse part was that sometime on Monday I hit that "beyond stress" state where you just don't give a bleep. I was feeling pretty good about that....almost a drug-like state without the chemical assist.

Another high for this week is that my Christmas present to myself arrived. My 12" laptop for travel. It is so cool and the perfect size. I couldn't get the wireless to work, so Lark sat on the phone with the lady from NetGear in the Phillipines until it worked. That earned him Lasagna for dinner (which is cooking as I type).

So I don't have a "horn" picture yet (waiting for Jason or Shaun to e-mail), but here's one of Lark trying to do Christmas Cards.

/
/

No comments: