Tuesday, November 18, 2008

You can't please everyone...

so you've got to please yourself.

Thank you Rick Nelson (from Garden Party). I've adopted this as my new mantra. Just heard the cats wailing...it's feeding frenzy time, which reminded me that I have'nt posted in a few of days.

Let's see, what's happened.

*I had a colonoscopy. I woke up part way through and remember cramping and hollering, then the nurse saying take a deep breath, and then nothing...as it should be. Found nothing, just the "diverticulitis pockets" (doctor's quote) that we knew about.

*I finally did a budget spreadsheet that wasn't picked to bits and got thru a meeting without wanting to bash a toilet (see post below).

*The 49ers won a game. Finally! Unfortunately, the Sac Kings haven't been as lucky. Hubby is currently glued to the set and I'm hiding in the back room trying not to listen to the moans.

*I finished reading Janet Evanovich's Fearless Fourteen (Stephanie Plum). I can't remember the last time I laughed so much through a book. This is one of her best in this series. There's a part with a monkey and a 61-year old lady in stiletto heels that nearly made me pee my pants.

*I have become addicted to Grey's Anatomy (thank you Pat). This from someone who had sworn off primetime TV. I've found myself watching the reruns of the previous seasons (that I didn't see) on USA. I also like the Mentalist. Not necessarily because it's a great show, but because Simon Baker is so darn nice to look at. My friend Kathy is trying to get me to watch NCIS, but I haven't gotten there yet. I tried Lipstick Jungle...I can see why it was cancelled.

*My taste in TV shows apparently isn't the norm. I loved Caterbury's Law. I don't think it lasted the original 7 episodes. I tend to like characters with an edge and Liz Canterbury was definitely edgy.

*I'm fighting a cold. Have heard the wonders of Zicam, so I'm trying. Hint - if you get the spray...DON'T SNIFF! I burns like the devil. Now I no why the q-tip gel thing is so popular.

*Kathy will be joining us for Thanksgiving. We've decided on ham. Baked potato for Lark and green bean casserole for us. We were also thinking stuffing, even though we are having ham. Who says we have to be traditional?

I think that's about it for now. Will post more later.

No comments: