Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Sorry Santa

I've been talking about getting a smaller laptop for travel and meetings. I love my 17" HP, but it's not the most convenient for travel. So yesterday afternoon I ordered a 12" Dell that weighs under 3 lbs. Apparently that was going to be my Xmas present (or something similar). Lark got kinda upset. Not because I spent the money, but because I blew HIS surprise. It's the thought that counts.

Finally went to the doctor. It's what I thought...a mild case of bronchitis. Got a Rx for an antibiotic and an inhaler, and sent home. No work. Damn, I'm disappointed about that one. So our 4 day weekend has turned into 6 1/2 for me - coughing, hacking, feeling miserable.

Thanksgiving tomorrow. Kathy's buying most of the fixings and I'm cooking. Luckily everything is simple. I was reading a book that mentioned "Coke Ham" so I looked it up. There are tons of recipes for this - I've never heard of it, but it's my kind of recipe. Put the ham on a shallow baking sheet, pour a can of Coke over it, cover and bake. Baste every 15 minutes. It's supposed to be very sweet and tender.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: