Thursday, October 16, 2008

Musings from Roseville

Sacramento and I are becoming very close. I’m on my 3rd trip up in the last month. At the end of September I came up for an Alcohol & Drug fiscal training. Last week I attended the Mental Health Services Act Fiscal Summit #3 and today I was at Medi-Cal Policy Doesn’t this all sound like fun. After Medi-Cal Policy I drove to Roseville (about 20 miles east towards Reno) for a 2 day “Learning Collaborative” that starts on Thursday am.

The Hilton Garden Inn supposedly has wireless internet. My system says it’s connected, but Internet Explorer won’t boot up. I’ve tried back-dooring it through every means I can. One gave me an error message that my firewall was preventing connection. So I turned it off. I still can’t get connected. I’ll start getting the shakes pretty soon if I don’t have internet access.

I’m typing this in Word to be transferred when the system decides to work or I get home, whichever comes first. While I do this, I am waiting for my room service meal from Tahoe Joe’s to be delivered (Sirloin, Caesar salad, baked potato and ice tea). I can’t put a Margarita on my County credit card. The rest of my group will either be up late tonight or early tomorrow morning.

I just got back from the Galleria Mall. I remember the girls and I driving up one time to go to this mall and thinking it was fantastic. I guess my trip to the Mall of America has warped my perception of a cool mall, because the Galleria just didn’t have the same magic it did the first time. However, I did get to hit Harry & David’s and Williams-Sonoma, both of which are not in Modesto…yet.

I also got a 25 minute massage from the Traveling Chinese Massage Group. They come to the Stanislaus County Fair every year and Lark & I always take advantage of it. $25 for 25 minutes. I swear 20 minutes of that was spent with the masseuse’s elbow in my back, one time she had both elbows going. She beat the Hell out of me…and I paid her to do it. And I got to be accosted by all the cart vendors. One enticed me to let her exfoliate my hands, but couldn’t get me to buy anything, even after she told me about the great deal and was for “today only”. I bet I can go back tomorrow and get the same deal.

No comments: