Saturday, October 11, 2008

Bellowing Cats - what an appropriate title!

The Garden window is being installed as I type. I was going to include a picture in this post, but my camera is dead and the charge seems to be missing it's plugs (for the wall). Next time. It really looks good. When Bill showed up this morning he was concerned that he's have to remove part of the tile in my kitchen to get it to fit right. Luckily it slid right in. The kitties now have their own sunroom.

Speaking of kitties, 3 of the cats are locked in the Master bedroom with one of their cat cottages, 2 loungers and several assorted toys and the sliding glass door open for fresh air. Baxter is hiding in the linen closet and I'm not worried that he will scurry out. Since we took down the wall between our den and the MB, the room is pretty good size. Those cats are bellowing like I've locked them in a closet. The funny thing is they would probably been sacked out in there anyway, however, it would be on their terms.

Hubby is in Elk Grove at a two day golf tournament with a college roommate. Day 1 was yesterday so Lark stayed with Dan so they could drink beer in the garage with the neighbors and watch the MLB playoffs. For some reason he didn't like it when I said they were having a slumber party in the Man Cave. One of the local radio stations is having a drawing/contest for a fully equipped ManCave. Lark can sit in the living room to moan & bitch at the 49ers, Raiders and Sac Kings. I have my own escape pod. Especially if the Kings are playing the Lakers. It gets ugly.

Fall has hit in Modesto. Last week it was in the high 80's. Yesterday and today it's in the 70's and windy. However, we're hearing that we'll be back up in the high 80's nest week. It was just enough of a change to stir up allergies and to rain Wednesday night and give drivers an excuse to plow into our building at work. The first rain in awhile and the roads are slick. So let's drive fast around the curve and lose control...right into Linda's office, or in this cast the "decorative" pots in front of it. Hit and run of course, but I bet it did some damage. One of the dirt filled pots was moved back about 2 feet. Someone would have to give it a good shot to move it at all.

Oh, the good news for the week. I've hired a new Accountant...Vicki! So now or will on the 27th, I have both her and Kathy on the same campus as me.

Here are a couple of new LOs:


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the hats---definitely should be in Glamour----Fl