Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Beautiful Weather and the Proctologist

A month or so ago I had to make an appointment to see my doctor since she was holding my meds hostage. I only go to the doctor if I'm bleeding or hurting real bad. So she decided to get even...scheduled me for a mammogram & a colonoscopy and for good measure gave me a tetanus shot. Today was the consult for the colonoscopy. They like to talk to your face before they get to the other end. I'm scheduled for the day after Veteran's Day.

So to make me feel better, I took the rest of the afternoon off. It's beautiful here today...light breeze, mid-80's. I'm currently sitting in my backyard, on the computer with the waterfall and classic rock. I managed to figure out how to turn on the surround sound speaker in the backyard. Actually I think I just hit the right button and got lucky. Cabana Boy is at a meeting, so it's just me and the boys, who should be waking up at any minute to try to convince me its 6:00 and feeding time.

For those that aren't in California, there is a pissing contest going on between the Governator and the legislature over the State Budget. The legislature is going on 3 months late to pass a budget...a very bi-partisan fight. Demos want new taxes, Reps want cuts to social service programs. They finally agreed on something yesterday, but Arnold is threatening to veto it because it isn't what HE wants. So the legislature is threatening to override the veto, prompting Arnie to say he won't sign any bill on his desk. Geez - children! In the meantime, good programs are closing because the State isn't paying on contracts and State workers are technically working for the Federal minimum wage of $6.55. However, last month, the State Controller ignored Arnie's executive order and paid State employees their full wages. Can't we just play nice?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK, I love you--but honey, I'm thinking you and the boys have too much time on your hands. And he's correct name is "Colon and Rectal Surgeon." No, it doesn't make it any easier (oh just wait till he cleans out the old pipe)--you'll feel like the Dove girls. It's Oct --soon and we all need to get smashed, poised, and held breathless. Arnie---don't forget we had Jeb-and his wife. I love the blog.. pat