Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Day 3 - Also At Sea

Facial and massage day at 2:00. Ate breakfast in the Horizon Buffet. More waiting in line. I’ve never waited in line for food so much on a cruise. More laying on deck. I was going to do the Scrapbooking at Sea, but for some reason they only had Ceramics, even though scrapping was listed in the Princess Patter. Instead I took a Photoshop Elements class on layers, colors and extractions. Lark did Golf Seminar #2 on the Finesse Game.

Then…….heaven. Jean-Marie from South Africa has magic hands. I got the Oxy facial. Not what I signed up for, but I did it anyway and loved every minute. She didn‘t even try to strong arm me into buying their products. Gave me the pitch then said it was my choice. I’ve never gotten that before. I tipped her well just for that. Lark had a massage with Reggie who was born in Southeast Asia, raised in the Netherlands and intends to live in the Czech Republic where his wife is from. We went back to the room and crashed until our 6:00 dinner reservation.

Dinner at the Savoy. Sat next to a giraffe & camel trainer/handler from 6 Flags Discovery Kingdom in Vallejo - formerly Marine World/Africa USA. On the other side was Mark & Liz from Sacramento. Lark & Mark were soon lost in conversation about golf & the Kings. The asst waiter for our tables, from Serbia, heard us talking about the Kings and told us that Vladi Divac and Peja Stoyachavich were his fellow Countrymen. I just love Peja. Have a Kings jersey with his #16 and his name on it. I was so bummed when they traded him for Ron Artess, who I will admit did real good for a couple of years. Peja now plays for New Orleans.

The Maitre ‘D, and all the waiters brought Lark a yummy rich chocolate cake for his retirement, which I ate most of, and sang to him. At first they couldn’t figure out what to sing, but one of the waiters kicked into “When I’m 64”…when I get older losing my hair…………

Then they sang to the tune of Happy Birthday and the When I’m 64 waiter finished it off solo. He had a great voice.

No comments: