Sunday, April 19, 2009

ADVENTURES IN PORTUGAL AND SPAIN - Day 1

March 21, 2009 - the Flight Over

My day started, technically, at 2:15am, when Lark dropped me at Pat G’s house to wait for our driver, Virginia. From there we went to Riverbank to pick up Barbara. Arrived in Sacramento at the required time of 4:15 AM! The flight left at 6:30am. I pissed off the gate guy immediately by informing him that I am allergic to Peanuts. He was pissed because I hadn’t notified them earlier. I tried to explain that I just found out a week ago, but he wasn’t pacified. When the airlines are notified, in time, they order extra pretzels for the passengers 3 rows up and 3 rows back, who aren’t served peanuts. Luckily most of those passengers were our group, who knew about my allergy and who gave me a bad time, most of the trip.

Met Pat S and Jennifer in Atlanta. Other than a really long flight, everything went fine. My one compensation for the long flight was the cute French guy sitting next to me, who spoke very little English.

Paris – Charles DeGaulle Airport. I think we walked the entire perimeter. We were filtered through Customs since this was our first port of entry into Europe. That went smooth. To get to our hop to Lisbon we had to walk and walk and walk…to get to a bus that took us to the plane out on the Tarmac. The bright spot – the plane was not full and we all got our own row of seats.


No comments: